Organic Cardamom Powder:
Botanical Name: Elettaria cardamomum
This small oval pod, usually green in color, is known as the queen of spices. It has a wonderful aroma, fresh, spicy and sweet, with a menthol or eucalyptus kind of flavor. It is used extensively in sweet and savory dishes in Southeast Asia, India, Malaysia, Middle East and Sri Lanka among other countries. It is an ancient spice and was used in Egyptian, Greek and Roman civilizations. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and micro-nutrients and has many health benefits.
- High in magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus; boosts metabolism and alleviates digestive issues*
- Great for adding an extra pungent and aromatic flavor in masala chai, tea or coffee, and baked goods.
- Using it as a spice in your main dishes is the best way to reap away the cardamom benefits
How to Use Cardamom Powder:
Cardamom powder can be added to tea, coffee, to many drinks including, milkshakes, lassi, to all kinds of sweet dishes, including pies, fruit breads, cakes and cookies. In fact, most Indian sweet dishes will contain some cardamom powder as it is a widely used flavoring agent. It can also be added to gravies, marinades, soups, sauces, lentils and beans, makhni dishes, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
Use sparingly in beverages since cardamom powder has an intense flavor. Add a pinch of cardamom powder to any dish for an exotic taste.
About Our Cardamom Powder:
- Fresh USDA Certified Organic Cardamom Powder
- Certified Batch Tested
- Verified Gluten Free
- Product of Vietnam but Carefully hand-packed in Texas.
- Great for both cooking and as a medicine
- Contain minerals, vitamins and some fiber
- Comes in a Resealable Bag