This cardamom spice cake recipe is a comforting and aromatic treat, perfect for any occasion. The cake is made with a blend of all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cardamom, cinnamon, and salt, providing a delicate spice flavor.
Cardamom Spice Cake Recipe
The butter and sugar are creamed together to create a light and fluffy base, and the eggs, vanilla extract, and whole milk are added to the mix to create a smooth batter. The batter is then baked in a 9x9 inch (23x23 cm) baking pan until golden and fragrant. The finished cake is tender and fluffy, with a beautiful balance of sweetness and warm spices. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a dusting of powdered sugar for a truly indulgent dessert.
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x9 inch (23x23 cm) baking pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and fragrant cardamom spice cake!
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature so it creams properly with the sugar.
- If you don't have whole milk, you can use any other type of milk, such as skim milk or almond milk.
- To ensure the cake is fully cooked, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If there is batter on the toothpick, continue cooking for a few more minutes and check again.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cardamom powder and cinnamon powder to your taste. You can add a little more or less, depending on your preferences.
- If you want to make the cake a little more indulgent, you can add a handful of chopped nuts (such as almonds or pecans) to the batter before baking.
- The cake will keep well, covered, at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- I hope these tips help you make the perfect cardamom spice cake. Enjoy!
- Serving Size
- 1/9th of a 9x9 inch cake
- per serving
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 170 milligrams
- 36 grams
- 1 grams
- 19 grams
- 4 grams