Organic Black Peppercorn:
Botanical Name: Piper Nigrum
Whole black pepper or peppercorns are native to Southeast Asia and extensively grown in south India thanks to the climate and soil. In ancient times, whole black pepper was actually known as black gold and much prized in the spice trade, often used as currency or even collateral. Black pepper is now used globally in most cuisines and is known for its spice, warming and pungency. The peppercorn contains significant amounts of Vitamin K, iron and manganese.
- Great on burgers, meat, seafood, sausage, salad dressing, stews, pasta, cooked vegetables and other dishes.
- Aids digestion by stimulating the release of hydrochloric acid in the stomach*
- Steam sterilized to retain its pungent and aromatic flavor.
How to Use Peppercorn:
Whole black pepper is used in many savory dishes like rice and even gravies that are somewhat sweet to add a counterbalance to the sweetness. Whole black pepper is often freshly ground in a pepper mill and added to soups, sauces, gravies, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, sandwiches, dips and is a classic component of whole or ground garam masala.
Using a pepper mill, grind some pepper over your eggs, add to meat and poultry marinades and over salads.
About Our Black Pepper:
- Fresh USDA Certified Organic Black Pepper
- Certified Batch Tested
- Verified Gluten Free
- Product of Vietnam but Carefully hand-packed in Texas.
- Rich in vitamins, calcium and potassium
- Helps with digestive health
- Comes in a Resealable Bag