Organic Clove Whole:
Cloves have been an integral part of many cultures’ cuisines for thousands of years. Sourced from an evergreen tree native to Indonesia, whole cloves are first harvested from the tree’s flower buds when they’ve changed to vivid red color. After harvesting, these buds carefully dried to achieve the color, flavor, texture, and quality you see in their final forms.
What gives whole cloves spice its unmistakable punch? Each clove contains eugenol, a complex molecule responsible for both the aroma and flavor. Its bitter, spicy, and warm taste comes with an astringent edge. Eugenol also has a numbing effect — that’s why it’s best added to dishes in small quantities. A little goes a long way. You’ll find them in many holiday dishes, plus both savory and spicy offerings from Chinese, Indian, Middle Eastern, and North African cuisines. It’s a core component of garam masala, an Indian ground spice blend that adds distinctive flavors and aromas.
You’ll love Spicy Organic’s whole clove bulk variety for all your favorite dishes. Our commitment to quality and meticulous processes results in a product you can trust.
- Pure 100% USDA certified organic
- Lab-tested to detect metals or any hazardous substances.
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- Vegan friendly
- Fully traceable from farm to plate
- Resealable pack to preserve freshness
- Great for adding the fresh, pungent, and distinctive flavor of clove into pickles, brines, basmati rice, recipes like soups, chai, and curries.