Organic Mace Powder
Looking for ways to add subtle sweetness and spice to your cooking? Ground mace powder is a spice native to Indonesia and cultivated from Molucca nutmeg trees; as a result, this delicate spice bears a similar flavor profile to nutmeg, but in a more subdued way. Mace spice also contains more complex flavor notes of black pepper and cinnamon, making it versatile enough to use in sweet and savory cooking alike.
The mild, nutmeg-like taste of organic mace is a lovely complement to heartier proteins like beef and veal, but pairs beautifully with poultry as well. Used in moderation, the mace spice adds a splash of warmth and peppery sweetness to sauces, soups, stews, and curries. Thanks to its similarities to nutmeg, mace is a wonderful addition to rich desserts like pies, donuts, and cakes — this aromatic is a wonderful addition to any recipe that would normally call for pumpkin spice but adds a more complex layer of sweetness and spice.
- Organically cultivated, free of unnatural substances.
- The fine powdered form is highly concentrated for more flavor
- The naturally warm, slightly sweet, and spicy flavor profile
- Perfect for hearty desserts and dishes using pumpkin, squash, and sweet potato
- Makes an exciting addition to pumpkin spice
- Adds mild warmth and complexity to savory dishes