Renowned for its vibrant golden color, Organic Turmeric Powder, also known as Indian saffron and yellow ginger, is a beloved ingredient for those who love to cook or savor Asian and Indian dishes. Ground from fair trade Indian Curcuma longa root, a colorful, fragrant ginger family rhizome, this turmeric powder is a slightly bitter and earthy addition to a variety of foods and beverages. Tumeric, an herbaceous perennial, is native to India and Southeast Asia and features large leaves, tubular flowers, and tuberous roots. Thriving on tropical climates' warmth and humidity, it achieves a full-grown height of one meter.
Whether you choose to add turmeric spice to rice dishes, soups, stews or teas, tinctures, and gargling aids, it imbues your final product with a palate-pleasing depth and dimension and an appealing golden hue. Curries and potato dishes in particular benefit from their rich saffron color. Perhaps unsurprisingly, turmeric curcumin powder is also a popular natural dye substance. Turmeric powder and saffron are both ingredients used to dye Buddhist priests' robes and Indian saris.
- Fresh USDA certified organic turmeric root powder - Curcuma longa.
- High purity, intense aroma, and fantastic taste.
- 2.5% curcumin content.
- No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. non-irradiated, raw, and non-GMO.
- Add to gargles, milk, root decoctions, tea blends, and tinctures.
- Infuse into lentils, potato and rice dishes, soups, stews, and stocks.
- Use as a natural dye for clothing, accessories, and material.