Organic Cinnamon Sticks:
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum Verum
Cinnamon is an ancient spice, mentioned in the Bible. It is sourced from the bark of several different related trees and is used in eastern and western cuisines. Cinnamon and cassia have similar flavors and sometimes used interchangeably. Cinnamon is equally at home in sweet and savory dishes, lending spice and heat to the food. It contains as many as 80 different aromatic compounds that make up its sweet flavor and is rich in calcium and iron.
- Cassia cinnamon contains an antioxidant component that protects from free radical damage*
- Anti-inflammatory properties in cinnamon help alleviate chronic pain, fight infections and prevent illness*
- Great for adding it in savory Indian dishes like curries, rice, meat, teas, cinnamon roll, and baked goods.
How to Use Cinnamon Sticks:
Cinnamon is often used cut up into small pieces in savory dishes like pullaos and biryanis, Mughlai dishes, soups and gravies. Cinnamon sticks can be infused with tea and coffee, used in chocolates, added to pies and desserts. The spice is also used as a flavoring agent for liqueurs and you can use a quill in your cocktail or other alcoholic drinks.
Recipe to Try:
Add small broken pieces of cinnamon to tempering of dals or gravies to add a unique flavor and taste.
About Our Cinnamon Sticks:
- Fresh USDA Certified Organic Cinnamon Sticks
- Certified Batch Tested
- Verified Gluten Free
- Product of Vietnam but carefully hand-packed in Texas.
- Great for cooking or used as a medicine to treat sore throat, arthritis,
- Contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Comes in a Resealable Bag
- Second most popular spice, after black peppercorn
*These statement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any diseases.