Warm up with a bowl of our delicious Kale and White Bean Soup! 🍲🍃 This hearty and healthy soup is packed with flavor and nutrients. Made with a base of vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and white beans, it's a great source of protein and fiber. The kale adds a nice texture and a pop of color, and a squeeze of lemon juice brings all the flavors together.
Kale and White Bean Soup Recipe
This Kale and White Bean Soup is a hearty and healthy meal that is perfect for a cold winter day. The soup is made with a base of vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and white beans, which provide a good source of protein and fiber. The soup is seasoned with thyme and oregano, which gives it a warm and comforting flavor.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
1 cup dried white beans, soaked overnight and drained
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt to taste
Black peppercorns to taste
4 cups chopped kale
1 tbsp lemon juice
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, white beans, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
Stir in the chopped kale and lemon juice, and cook until the kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
Serve the soup hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- You can add other vegetables such as carrots, celery, or potatoes. If you want to make it more creamy, you can add coconut milk or heavy cream.
- The kale is added at the end of the cooking process, which keeps it crisp and adds a nice texture to the soup.
- The soup is finished with a squeeze of lemon juice, which brings all the flavors together.
- Perfect for a cold winter day, it's easy to make and versatile. Serve it with bread or crackers for a complete meal.
- This soup is a great way to get your daily dose of greens and it's also a great way to use up any kale you might have in the fridge.
- The soup is easy to make, and it's versatile, you can make it vegan by replacing the broth with vegetable broth. It can be served with bread or crackers for a complete meal.
- Serving Size
- 1 Cup
- per serving
- 6.5 grams
- 53 grams
- 14 grams
- 17 grams