Organic Amla Powder:
Botanical Name: Phyllanthus emblica
Organic amla powder is an herb your kitchen needs! Made from the dried, ground-up leaves of the Indian gooseberry tree, this unique seasoning is cultivated organically without synthetic fertilizers.
Amla powder has a strong flavor profile that blends a variety of flavors into one — at first, it has a very sour taste with hints of acidity. Layered within the astringency is an undertone of sweet bitterness, and all of these flavors meld together in a beautifully aromatic way. This robust flavor makes an exciting addition to fruit smoothies, green tea, jams, and even pickling brines. When blended with other spices like turmeric and black salt, Indian gooseberry amla powder weaves a subtle complexity and fragrance into curries, marinades, soups, and stews. As a standalone, amla powder is often used with sweetened gooseberry juice to make traditional amla candies
- USDA certified organic, kosher, non-GMO and keto-friendly,
- The convenient powdered form is easy to incorporate into most dishes.
- A complex flavor profile combines sour acidity with a bittersweet undertone.
- Powerful aromatic adds a delicate aroma to any dish.
- Blend into warm and cold beverages for an exciting splash of flavor.
- Pair with bold spice blends for marinades, curries, and sauces.
- It can be used to make traditional candies.