Organic Bay Leaves:
Botanical Name: Laurus Nobilis
The bay leaf adds a layer of flavor to many foods. This herb is widely used in the Indian subcontinent its mysterious aroma redolent of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, cardamom and all-spice. The Indian bay leaf is very different from the European, Caribbean and Californian varieties and one cannot be substituted for the other. Rich in iron, manganese, Vitamin C, calcium, copper, B vitamins and minerals, the bay leaf is a welcome addition to numerous savory dishes.
- Indian bay leaf is high in iron, manganese, and B6. It’s also a rich source of fiber and calcium*
- Great for adding an extra flavor in savory Indian dishes like curries, basmati rice, meat, soups, sauces, and stews.
- Authentic, organic bay leaves offer an aroma and flavorful taste in any dish. Perfect for adding it in your spice cabinet.
Recipe to try:
The bay leaf is often used in dishes like biryanis and korma, gravies and soups and stews. It is typically added at the beginning of the cooking process, as it releases its complex flavors gradually during simmering and cooking. It is also removed from the food before serving. The bay leaf may be dried and added to garam masala and other blended masalas in a small quantity.
How to Use Bay leaves:
Add 2-3 bay leaves to rice dishes like biryanis and pulao, soups and stews, lentils and whole beans, tomato-based pizza and pasta sauces.
About Our Bay Leaves Whole:
- Fresh USDA Certified Organic Bay Leaf
- Certified Batch Tested
- Verified Gluten Free
- Product of India but Carefully hand-packed in Texas.
- Great for cooking meals to impart flavor
- Known for its antibacterial effects
- Comes in a Resealable Bag