Ginger Powder Chicken Stir-Fry is a delicious and easy-to-make Asian-inspired dish that combines the bold flavor of ginger with tender strips of chicken, crisp veggies, and a sweet and savory sauce. The dish is then served over steamed rice for a filling and flavorful meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Ginger Powder Chicken Stir-Fry
I cup (140g)
The recipe starts with boneless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips, that is stir-fried with ginger powder, minced garlic, sliced red bell pepper, sliced yellow onion, and snow peas. The sauce is made by whisking together ginger powder, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch, which is then poured into the pan to thicken and coat the ingredients.
1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
2 tbsp ginger powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red and green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 cup snow peas
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together ginger powder, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add bell pepper, onion, and snow peas. Stir-fry for an additional 2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
Pour in the sauce mixture and stir until sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!
- Adjust the spice level to your preference by using more or less ginger powder.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos instead.
- If you don't have snow peas, you can substitute with another vegetable, such as broccoli or carrots.
- To make the dish more filling, you can add additional vegetables, such as mushrooms, zucchini, or bok choy.
- The sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve the stir-fry with steamed rice, quinoa, or noodles for a complete meal.
- If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add more brown sugar to taste.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute the chicken with tofu, tempeh, or your favorite plant-based protein.
- To make the dish spicier, add red pepper flakes or diced fresh chili to the stir-fry.
- Enjoy your Ginger Powder Chicken Stir-Fry!
- Serving Size
- 1 Cup (140 g)
- per serving
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 55 milligrams
- 11 grams
- 2 grams
- 5 grams
- 22 grams