Garlic bread is a classic and beloved side dish made with a baguette loaf that is sliced in half, spread with a mixture of softened butter, garlic, and herbs, and then baked in the oven until toasted and fragrant. The result is a warm, crusty bread with a soft, buttery interior and a strong garlic flavor.
Organic Garlic Bread Recipe
Garlic bread is a perfect accompaniment to a variety of dishes, from pasta and soup to salad and grilled meats. It is easy to make and can be customized with different herbs and seasonings to suit your personal taste. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or just looking for a comforting snack, garlic bread is always a crowd-pleaser.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and place it cut-side up on a baking sheet.
Spread the garlic butter mixture evenly over the cut side of the baguette halves.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the garlic butter is melted.
Serve hot and enjoy your delicious garlic bread!
- Use a fresh baguette for best results. A baguette with a crisp crust and a soft interior will yield the best garlic bread.
- Soften the butter to room temperature before mixing with the garlic and herbs. Softened butter will spread easily and evenly on the bread.
- Use freshly minced garlic for the best flavor. Minced garlic from a jar can be used, but the flavor may not be as strong.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. You may also add other herbs and spices, such as dried basil or oregano, to the garlic butter mixture.
- If you prefer a crispier crust, you can brush the tops of the baguette halves with olive oil before baking.
- Bake the garlic bread in a preheated oven to ensure even cooking and toasting.
- Serve the garlic bread hot and fresh from the oven for the best texture and flavor. You can also wrap it in foil to keep it warm until ready to serve.
- Serving Size
- 4 Servings
- per serving
- 24 grams
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 20 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 1 grams
- 3 grams
- 470 milligrams