What is amla powder?
Amla powder, also known as Indian gooseberry and scientifically called Emblica Officinalis, is a natural fruit that contains a plethora of nutrients. It is widely used in many traditional Indian recipes
Amla comes from a small, green, sour fruit that is cultivated from a small tree that is native to India. The powder can come in many different forms, from capsules to extracts.
Amla powder is made from the crushed-up leaves of the Indian Gooseberry. Organic amla powder is very rich in vitamin C. Although native to India, amla can be found in a variety of different countries across Asia, such as Indonesia, Thailand, and China.
In India, amla powder is mostly used in cooking, either pickled or sprinkled on fruit. Amla powder sprinkled on top of bananas is a tasty and healthy treat. It is recommended to take amla powder daily in the morning on an empty stomach. A teaspoon of amla powder mixed with warm water is very beneficial.
Cosmetic Uses of Amla Powder:
Indian gooseberry amla powder isn’t only used for culinary dishes. Amla powder also has many cosmetic benefits. The known cosmetic uses of amla powder are as a face mask and as a facial exfoliant, and organic amla powder is known to reduce tanned skin from sunburn.
Amla powder has been used for centuries as a cosmetic ingredient for its skin-clearing properties. It helps to keep the skin clear and healthy by removing impurities and absorbing oil from the surface of the skin, leaving it looking naturally radiant and smooth. Amla powder has astringent (skin tightening), antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, making it highly beneficial in curing skin problems such as acne, blackheads, redness, sunburn, pigmentation, and premature ageing.
A few recipes to make an amla powder exfoliant are:
Amla Powder as an Exfoliant:
- In a bowl, mix together three tablespoons of organic amla powder, one teaspoon of turmeric powder, and two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Rub the mixture on your face.
- Leave the exfoliating scrub on your face for five to ten minutes.
- Rinse off and pat dry your face with a soft towel
Another recipe for a soothing facial exfoliant using Indian gooseberry amla powder is:
- Use half a cup of amla powder, half a cup of granulated sugar, and one tablespoon of rose water.
- Gently scrub the amla powder exfoliant mixture onto your skin.
- Leave the new facial blend on your face for at least five to ten minutes.
- Wash off the mixture with warm water and pat dry your face afterward with a soft towel.
One final recipe for an amla powder facial exfoliant is:
- Mix together two teaspoons of amla powder with warm water until the texture resembles yogurt.
- Add in a teaspoon of honey and stir together.
- Next, you will want to add a pinch of either vanilla powder or cinnamon powder.
- Apply very gently to the face, massaging the scrub in with your fingertips.
- Let the mixture sit on your face for at least five to ten minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture with warm water and then gently pat dry your face with a soft towel
Amla Powder for a Face Mask:
Amla powder is one of the most effective and popular homemade face mask ingredients. It's rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients that are great for your skin. This natural powder can also be used as a hair mask to nourish the scalp and hair follicles.
Used on its own, amla powder does not create a very thick mask. You will have to add another ingredient or two in order to make an effective face mask recipe using this Indian gooseberry powder. This makes it difficult to choose the best amla face mask recipe, as every combination is different and has different results.
For example, adding honey or yogurt will make the mask more moisturizing, while adding buttermilk will make it more cleansing. Adding lemon juice will refresh the skin and reduce blemishes. Oatmeal or multani mitti can be used for making an exfoliating face mask, and sandalwood powder can add fragrance to the mixture.
Follow this recipe to make a natural, organic, amla powder face mask.
- Use two tablespoons of amla powder, one tablespoon of yogurt, and one teaspoon of honey.
- Mix the three products together until they are sufficiently blended.
- Apply it to your neck and face and let it dry for at least twenty minutes.
- Rinse the face mask off with warm water and pat dry your face using a soft towel.
Amla Power for Hair:
With authentic amla powder derived from organic sources, amla powder is enjoyed by users for its role in giving shine and luster to hair.
Amla powder (Buy Here) is a natural hair care product and helps you have strong, healthy, shiny hair. It is made of authentic amla powder, which gives shine and luster to hair. You can use this product if you want to close the cuticle of your hair. In order to get the best results, mix the amla powder with coconut milk or olive oil before applying it to your scalp and hair.
Here are some tips on how you can use amla powder for your hair:
- Mix equal amounts of amla powder and water in a bowl and make it into a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your scalp on a regular basis and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your head with normal water, dry it and then apply milk cream to your scalp and massage gently so that the cream reaches deep into your scalp tissues. Then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Use an oil-free shampoo to wash your hair afterwards.
Amla powder, which is native to India, comes from a small tree that produces bright green fruit. Another name for amla powder is Indian gooseberry. There are many cosmetic benefits of amla powder that can benefit your skin. It is best to use an exfoliating scrub on your face made of amla powder and other spices. You can also make a homemade face mask with Indian gooseberry amla powder that will help to make your face feel very smooth.
I hope it’s evident from this article that amla powder is a great addition to any hair care routine. It’s easy to use, natural, and even provides a range of benefits for your hair and scalp. For anyone who wants to take good care of their locks, this is a great place to start.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article should not be considered as a substitute for a physician's advice. Please consult with your health care professional before buying this product.